10 Popular Photo Booth Ideas And Reasons to Hire @ Renphotos
Should you hire a photo booth? And how to get the most from it
Suppose you are planning an event, or your wedding day is coming up. In that case, you may be starting to ask yourself how to keep your guests entertained, especially when there are lulls, for instance, when you go to have your photos taken, and your guests need to wait around for you before the formalities start. An entertaining way to do this is with a photo booth.
The great news is Renphotos has a fantastic photo booth to hire.
In this article, we will go through some of the reasons you should consider it, as well as tips to get the most from it and some amazingly imaginative ideas and themes for props and backdrops to make this addition to your event or wedding one to remember. So be sure to read on and prepare for some photo booth fun! And check out the below album for some great DIY photo booth backdrop ideas.
Table of contents
Reasons to hire a photobooth
How to get the most from your photo booth
Popular trends, themes props and backgrounds for your photo booth.
Reasons to consider a photo booth for hire
First things first, let’s go through some of why a photo booth for hire is such a good idea for your wedding or event.
- Something for your guests to do – As we said already, it can keep your guests entertained for hours during lulls in your wedding or event – It’s something for everyone to do while they wait for your photos to be taken or for breaks between formalities.
- It’s a fun way for guests to get to know each other – especially if they are seated at a table where they don’t all know one another. Getting your MC to announce you want each table to have a photo in the booth is a great way to get them up and doing something a bit fun and silly to break the ice.
- It can give you fun memories to last you a lifetime from your event. Unlike your formal event photos, photobooth photos are almost behind the scenes shots of how your guests were and what they got up to. For some, as the event goes on, and inevitably guests have a bit of Dutch courage under their belt to make them a bit more …er… creative – the photo booth becomes the centre of attention, and guests start to have fun with all the props (we will get to those later) and funny faces.
- Renphotos offers prints from the photo booth –This means you can offer it to your guests as a wedding favour or memorabilia from your wedding or event that they can also look back on and remember fondly.
How to get the most from your photo booth for hire
So now that you have seen the awesome reasons to hire a photo booth, you may be wondering how long to hire it for and how to get the most out of it. The tricky part is that the hours need to be consecutive when you hire the photo booth, so you need to maximise the time it will be in use.
Well, lucky for you, we have put together a few tips to help you get the most out of the time you hire the photo booth for and how to avoid having too much “dead” time where the booth is not being used at all, even though you have paid for it.
- Put together a timeline for your event or wedding day – this way, you can see when the possible times are that nothing much will be happening, and you can aim to have the photo booth available for those times. We will gladly help you put a timeline together for your event or wedding if you hire us for photography or the photo booth.
- You don’t need to hire the photo booth for the entire time of your wedding or event – it can start up a bit later; for instance, with a wedding, it can start during the reception and can end more or less once the dancing starts – during those hours there are plenty of times when guests may be starting to get a bit bored or looking for something to do to stretch their legs in between all the formalities – this is when the photo booth is ideal.
- Get your MC to announce when the event or wedding photo booth is open, and even offer a small prize for the most creative or fun photo – this makes it official and gives your guests “permission” to start, which for some reason always seems to be an issue, in the beginning, to get everyone starting to use it.
- On that note, get the MC to announce when the booth will be closing – You don’t want all your guests to rush and form a massive queue for the photo booth just before it closes, as this will mean you have to add more time to the hire. So the more you can encourage guests to use it in the time from when it opens, the better.
- Get in there with your guests! You are the stars of the show, and everyone is there to be with you, so it stands to reason that you should be in some of these photos – and if you are the first ones in, this also breaks the ice for everyone else to start using the photo booth as well.
- Make the photo booth an attractive feature – the more it stands out, the more people will become curious about it and want to be involved. So read on for more ways to do this.
Famous and Fun photo booth themes, backdrops and props for your wedding or event
Now that you know how to get the most out of it, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing to make the photo booth as fun and inviting as possible. Below are some popular themes for a photo booth, some awesome backdrop ideas and some wacky props for inspiration.
1.Popular photo booth themes – You will probably want to tie in with the theme of your wedding or event, but if you aren’t sure what that is just yet, then here are some awesome themes to consider which have a lot to offer in terms of fun props and lots of colours.
- For lots of fun and festive colour – A Mexican/ Day of the dead theme, a carnival theme, or a cowboy theme.
- A night at the Oscars theme or the Great Gatsby, or masquerade ball for a more formal event. Or simply using specific colours such as gold or black and white.
- Go with a boho theme with lots of streamers or a starry night with lots of fairy lights for a more relaxed feeling.
2.Fantastic backdrops to go with your photo booth theme – A backdrop can make or break your photos, so this is an important consideration. Here are some awesome DIY photo booth backdrop ideas to think about, which are simple but effective to put together.
- A fairy light curtain can look pretty and romantic in the background of your photos, and it doesn’t distract from the actual photo.
- Colourful streamers are fun and creative if you have a boho style or more relaxed event.
- Paper decorations are cost-effective and come in just about any colour, so you can string up a sheet and add the paper decorations in a clever design to frame your photos.
- A personalised frame with your event details or wedding date can frame your guess nicely. You can also pretty it up with flowers or balloons depending on your preferred final look.
- Speaking of balloons, you can also do a balloon arch which can also be done in any colour and is relatively cheap to do – you may want to get a machine to blow up all those balloons or prepare to be out of breath.
- Go all out with a chaise longue or couch as a centre of attention. You can dress it up with some throws or cushions in your chosen colours.
3. Finally, the photo booth props accompanying your photo booth hire in Johannesburg will bring this fun addition to your party together. This is what makes your guests start to have fun. With our photo booth, we supply a set of cardboard props to go with the photo booth, but there are other things you can use as props to capture your guest’s imagination.
- Hats and wigs – this is a fun and easy addition and stands out nicely in the photos, so definitely be sure to add some of these to your prop table.
- Feather boas and scarves – are always a favourite with the ladies, and as the night goes on, the guys seem to think they are a great idea as well.
- Glasses – of all kinds – sunglasses, silly glasses, eye-popping out glasses are always a winner.
- A personalised frame – if it’s not in your background, you can do simple cardboard or personalised wooden frame. Even a chalkboard can make a pretty and simple prop here, and you can say what you want on it, such as your wedding date and details or event details or a clever, quirky hashtag – another great addition to your photo booth props.
- Be sure to check out My China ≫ for some awesome prop ideas – you will not be disappointed as they have a wide range of fun props and decor at an affordable price for you.
That’s that! A photo booth can be a great addition to your wedding or event, and it is not an outdated gimmick. You just need to make sure your backdrops and props are in line with popular trends to make this an elegant or fun addition at your event rather than a tacky one.
So be sure to contact Renphotos for all photo booth wedding pricing and be sure to use the special on offer if you are booking us as your wedding photographer.
Even without the special, we have competitive prices for your wedding or event and lots of extra’s add-ons such as personalised printed photos, props, travel etc.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and making your event or wedding lots of fun with our photobooth hire!
Contact Renphotos today, view our specials on offer, making a booking and check out our wedding portfolio! Remember to add the discount code when booking your package!