Jaw-dropping Matric Dance Dresses and photography | Benoni!
Awesome Matric dance dresses and photos from Johannesburg to inspire you!
Your Matric dance in South Africa is your right of passage and is traditionally celebrated once you have graduated from your secondary education. Needless to say, this is definitely a cause for celebration and to really flaunt your stuff! After it’s been a hard grind to get to where you are and you have crushed it!
So this article is for you. In this article, I want to talk about your matric dance from a photography point of view and how to get the most from your matric dance photos.
We are talking about everything from matric dance dresses to suits for matric dance and shoes for matric dance – and yes all of these things need to come together to create your awesome matric dance photos! Matric dance dresses in particular will determine the kind of photos you get from your matric dance photo session so we will go into detail on how to get the most from all of these things and get some amazing photos to commemorate your special moment.
First here are some amazing matric dance photos from CJ and Shani’s matric dance photo session to inspire!
Matric Dance Dresses and photo tips for Girls!
Let’s face it girls probably spend a lot more time thinking about their matric dance than the guys do – so girls this first part is for you – Let’s talk about matric dance dresses and accessories!
Which matric dance dresses make the best photos?
The quick answer here is that there is no right or wrong – you should be comfortable in what you are wearing but feel like a million dollars. However, from a photography point of view, there are some things you can consider when you make your final choice on matric dance dresses. Also, check out Amber Rain ≫ for some amazing matric dance dresses in Benoni.
1. Matric dance dresses with a lot of flow – these are always a great way to go with photos. If your dress has a train or is made with a light flowy material these can help create movement in the photo and make them more dynamic and dramatic.
2. It’s all in the detail – consider the details in your matric dance dresses. Small things like sequins or beadwork or lace can really make for fantastic photos and just make them pop a little more.
3. Dress colour is also really important – choose a colour that will suit your skin tone and really make you stand out from the crowd. For photos, deep reds are definitely one of my favourites and just really make matric dance photos POP.
4. Above all make sure you are comfortable – choose matric dance dresses that suit your figure and don’t make you feel self-conscious as this will also really show in the photos the more comfortable you are with yourself the better your photos are likely to be.
How to accessorize for your matric dance photos!
Now there is no point in having fantastic matric dance dresses and not pairing them with the accessories that will complement them. Here are some of the things you can consider to really pull off that night at the Oscars feeling – and look the part!
1. Shoes for matric dance – this is a great excuse to get those amazing shoes you have been eyeing for a while as long as they go with the dress you have in mind! You can get some great creative photos with your shoes and really show them off, so be sure to find a pair you definitely want in the photos.
2. Jewellery is also a great way to off-set your dress – so consider necklaces, earrings and bracelets. But also remember the corsage your matric dance partner might be getting for you!
3. Hair and makeup will really finish your look so this is something else you need to get done to get the most amazing photos. Just make sure that you allow enough time for all of this to be done in time for you to get to your photoshoot as you don’t want to rush the photos.
Matric Dance tips for guys!
Although they may only start thinking about it much later, this is definitely the time for guys to suit up! Suits for matric dance will also depend on your matric dance partner – so this may be the first step.
Whether you are in a relationship or planning on going with a friend, if you are planning on going with someone then you may need to think about matching your partner, in terms of colours. If you are going on your own then you can skip that step and move onto the tips below!
The best Suits for Matric dance photos.
1. So a suit is a suit, right? Nope – you could not be more wrong! Just check out this link to get some ideas on the different types of suits you can start thinking about. What will work best will depend on your style and what you will be comfortable in and give you that James Bond feeling! thedresssuit.co.za ≫
2. Colours as discussed above if you are with a partner then the best for your photos is to match colours with your partner, so you may want to discuss this between you and see what will work for you both. If you are going on your own then choose the colour that will suit you best in terms of skin tone.
3. Ties are a great way to show some individuality, and there is also more than one type of tie. From bow ties to normal ties, find one that suits your character and theme. You can really have fun with this and it can make a great detail shot or you can play around with some fun ideas like the one below.
Accessories for guys for Matric dance photos!
Just like the girls the guys can also accessorize for a matric dance – check out some of these amazing ideas below for inspiration.
1. Cufflinks and a stylish watch are great jewellery to add to your James Bond look and make you feel like a million dollars.
2. Besides the tie you can also accessorize that suave suit with a waistcoat, pocket square and even a belt with a personalised buckle is an idea.
3. Shoes for Matric dance suits are equally important to pull off the look and get those great photos. But also make sure you are comfortable in what you are wearing as it is a dance and celebration after all – maybe wear them in a bit before the big day.
4. Funky Socks are another great way to add some individuality to your matric dance outfit and can make some really fun and cute photos as well.
Other ideas/tips to get memorable matric dance photos!
Once the outfits are sorted for this special moment here are a few extra things that can really make your matric dance extra special.
1. The venue you choose for matric dance photos should really compliment your outfit. Also, consider how easy it will be to move around the venue as you will be dressed to the nines and rough ground may not be easy to navigate in high heels and a princess dress for instance. That said Vega Equestrian≫ where CJ and Shani’s photos were taken is one of my favourite venues to use – and not just for the horses which are a great addition to your shoot.
Just speak to your matric photographer beforehand, and maybe bring along some flat shoes for the walking in between.
Another great venue that is a bit easier to navigate in Johannesburg is Bryanston Pine Forest ≫ – this venue is great for almost any outfit. Photos can’t always be done at the best time of day as your entrance may need to happen before golden hour arrives. But, the good news is this won’t be an issue here as the venue has plenty of shade, and it allows you to take photos earlier in the day and decreases the harsh light when taking photos.
2. Matric dance car hire is something else to consider. Both for your photos as well as actually arriving at your matric dance – you want to arrive in style. And matric dance car hire can really add an extra element to the overall look. This may also affect the venue you use as some of the cars may not be able to make it to the more rustic matric dance photography venues.
3. Guys – If you really want to impress your matric dance date then you really need to think about getting a corsage or flowers for the big day. These make great props for the photos as well, so try to find colours that will match the matric dance dresses and suits you have picked out.
Your matric dance is your time to shine and celebrate the hard work you have put into achieving your marks that will put you on the path for the rest of your life. So you can really give yourselves the opportunity to let your hair down.
This couple booked nice and early and so they were able to have the prime photo time at golden hour while the sun was setting!
Go ahead and splash out, from matric dance dresses to shoes and suits for matric dance glamour, you deserve this moment. Own it! And make sure the photoshoot will be something really epic to remember. Above all, have fun! This is your night!
Below you will find some links to Martic Dance photoshoots done by Renphotos for that extra inspiration you might be looking for.