7 Big Reasons to Hire An Event Photographer
Why Hire an Event Photographer? To Be a Cut Above the Rest!
These days everything is online. And whether you are looking for a restaurant to try out or a new pair of shoes, the first thing you do is Google it.
So, it stands to reason that you need to be active online to be found for your company to get seen. Whether you are Instagramming, Facebooking or adding blog posts to your website, all these things have one thing in common – the pictures!
Your clients want to connect with you and see what you are doing, so hiring an event photographer is essential to help draw in new clients. Boost your image and be a cut above the rest.
As event photographers in Johannesburg, we have plenty of experience photographing events like the one below for companies that use the photos for this reason and distribute them to their employees. Some of our other previous clients include Bidvest Catering services≫ and Saudia Cargo ≫
This article will go through some of the benefits of hiring a professional event photographer and what you can expect to get from us as your choice of event photographer in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
But wait! First, have a look at this great annual event from Peters Papers ≫!
This year-end company function is spectacular, and every year they have a different theme to get creative with and go all out! With their quirky and positive attitude and energy, this is definitely one of our favourite clients to work with!
7 Reasons to Hire an Event Photographer
When planning an event for your company, it may be tempting to think you can get one of your employees to take the pictures or do it yourself.
However, this could be a mistake, and you may find yourself biting off more than you can chew. Below are some reasons we suggest hiring an event photographer in Johannesburg to cover all your corporate or social events.
Even if they are not there for an entire event, only an hour or two can make a huge difference and give you marketing gold images! A nifty trick to free two birds with one stone!
- It’s one less worry on your list. Hiring a professional event photographer gives you peace of mind that your event will be well documented, and you will have professional pictures to share.
- Portray the company in the way you want – You can specify in your brief to the photographer what you want them to capture and make sure you are getting the best from the time they are there.
- Professional Event Photographers know how to anticipate the right moments, get the best angles, and frame the best images. So, you will get the best story of your event possible.
- The picture quality will be superb – As professional event photographers in Gauteng, we use professional equipment that gives the best quality, high-resolution pictures. So, say goodbye to pixelated images that are not usable for marketing materials.
- As event photographers at Renphotos, we give our clients a wide variety of images, which means that there is a lot to choose from when you want to post them on social media or your website. So, you have enough content to keep you busy until the next event!
- You can rest assured that your company profiles on social media, website, etc., will have a clean, consistent, and professional look that only professional photographers can give.
- The photos can be used for future marketing material – in addition to having your event well documented. You can also have future content for marketing purposes such as brochures or social posts like Instagram.
BONUS – An event photographer is almost always a hit with your employees at an event! They love to get in front of the camera and will appreciate this extra effort on your part.
What to expect from us as your event photographer in Gauteng?
As event photographers, we pride ourselves on offering a professional service that gives you a well-rounded documentary of your event in beautiful photos.
We strive not to miss a moment and will ensure capturing anything of importance.
Here is what you can expect from us, and the process involved to create a well-documented event photography session.
1. When you initially contact us, we will find out what you want to be covered in your event and get a timeline from you. Or help you establish one. Having an event timeline ensures you have us booked for enough time to cover your event and not miss out on any essential details.
2. We will ask you to put together a shot list and share this with us before your event. This way, all crucial shots are included.
3. We can meet with you at the event venue to get a good feel of the venue layout if you wish. Doing this gives us a chance to see where everything is happening, such as awards ceremonies.
What the process will be, for example, which side of the stage the award winners will walk off, helping us be prepared to take the necessary photos and get the best angle and background set up for you.
4. If you have a lot of branding, we will allow time to photograph the details and make sure your company logo and colours are in as many photos as possible to use the images for marketing purposes if you want to.
5. We will ensure that there is a well-rounded story to your event – we know what moments to look for and how to anticipate them and, as such, can make sure your event tells the story you want to share with the rest of the world.
6. We take a lot of photos! Like…a LOT. We do this so that we can give you a good edit and select the best photos. As a guideline, we give 80 to 100 edited images per hour of photography but do not limit our edit, so if there are more images worth giving to you, you will get those too.
7. If you have a massive event with multiple things happening at the same time that requires more than one event photographer, we can outsource additional photographers to make sure every aspect of your event is covered.
Your Event Photographer Johannesburg Questions Answered!
If you are looking to hire Renphotos as your event photographer, you will most likely have a few questions before making the final decision to go ahead.
To help you out we have put together some answers to the most frequently asked event photography questions below.
What is the cost of hiring Renphotos as your event photographer in Johannesburg?
The cost of hiring Renphotos will depend on how long you need us for – as a guideline, the hourly rate for general event photography is R 1200 per hour for one photographer at the time of writing.
If you require longer hours, we can look at daily or half-day rates. Please note this is for general event photography that does not require much posing etc.
However, if you have more posed photos needed, then this will be charged accordingly.
Travel charges may also apply depending on how far we need to travel, and if the event is over several days, accommodation charges may also apply.
How many images do we receive from Renphotos from our event?
As a guideline, we offer 80 to 100 basic edits, high-resolution images per hour of photography we do. Meaning the pictures provided are print quality when you receive them, which is vital for marketing purposes, and you can resize them to any size you would like.
How long does it take to receive the photos of our event?
A very important question is – if you want to share the photos reasonably quickly from your event?
The standard editing time on photos is 3 to 4 weeks after your final payment and the event. However, if you require the images faster, you can pay a priority editing charge, and we will work all hours to make sure you have the photos within a specified time frame if it is possible to do so.
Kindly discuss this with us beforehand as it will depend on our current workload and realistically how fast we would be able to edit. But if you only require a few of the images quickly, we can also plan around this.
In conclusion, you can see why hiring an event photographer in Johannesburg is essential for your business and how it can help to keep your company looking professional.
Be a cut above the rest across all media channels! Your event photos can say a lot about your company and business and help you portray the look and feel you want to achieve.
At Renphotos, we have years of experience and competitive event photographer rates!